At first glance, Hanoi might seem rather quiet and reserved in its ancient beauty. However, if you look close enough, there are a lot of energetic activities hidden here and there just waiting for you to explore.
For this weekend (or whenever you’re in the capital city), we recommend these five exciting activities and where to try them to fill your days with the adrenaline rush.
Go-kart is a type of racing car which has a lightweight body and is powered by a two-stroke engine. When Hanoi was finishing construction for the F1 formula race, go-kart suddenly attracts a lot of young people to come and try out due to its similarity to this race. For around 200.000 - 300.000 VND, you can drive the Go-Kart for 15-20 minutes. Currently, there are a few places you can check out:
- Hanoi Super Karting: Yen So Gamuda Park, open from 9 am to 9 pm
- Go Kart Vietnam: Dam Tranh Ecotourism Destination
- Go Kart Hanoi: AEON Mall Ha Dong’s car park (2 more locations: VS-Racing on the 3rd floor of AEON Mall Ha Dong and Vincom Mega Mall Smart City)
In the past, archery has been used mostly for hunting and combat. For a long period of time, it is only considered the art of the upper class. But now you have the chance to experience archery right in the middle of a modern city. Holding up your bow and shooting the arrow straight to the target can bring so much power that will inspire you to become a soldier, conquering all hardship in your life.
Empower yourself this weekend at the most popular spot for archery in Hanoi - TargetArchery. When you come, you have to pay for renting the area and bows.
- Address: No 3, Lane 184 Thach Ban (near AEON Mall Long Bien)
- Bow: 100.000 - 300.000 VND/bow
- Field: 150.000 VND for the first hour, 100.000 for the second, and 50.000 for the third.
Bouncing on a trampoline can improve your mood, and make you happy! And we have the perfect place for you – Jump Arena Trampoline Park. It is a fun paradise that integrates a variety of trampoline and active games such as climbing, overcoming obstacles, and other activities with extremely unique, interesting, and safe challenges. Activities at Jump Arena also help feelings of anxiety and depression go down, which can improve your mental and physical health.
- Address: 1A Tang Bat Ho, Hai Ba Trung/3rd Floor, Big C Thang Long
- Price: 100.000 - 260.000 VND
If you want to opt for a more familiar, simple, and much cheaper way to entertain yourself, a cycling trip around West Lake is a can't-miss. You can either bring your own bicycle or rent one at the nearby shops. The price is only 10.000 VND/hour for one bike. Remember to bring water to stay hydrated throughout your ride. The best time to cycle is from 5 am to 6 am or 5 pm to 6 pm, when you can watch the sunrise and sunset by the lake. Here are some places you can check out for bike renting:
- 73 Trich Sai: Open from 5:00 am - 10:30 pm. Price: 40.000 VND/3 hours/bike (Mon-Fri), 50.000 VND/3 hours/bike (Sat-Sun, holiday)
- 25 Nguyen Dinh Thi: Open from 5:30 am - 10:00 pm. Price: 40.000 VND/3 hours/bike
- 15 Nhat Chieu: Open from 5:30 am - 11:00 pm. Price: 30.000 VND/3 hours/bike (weekdays), 40.000/3 hours/bike (weekends and holidays)
Stand Up Paddle
During these extremely hot summer days, it would be really nice to indulge yourself in a much “cooler" activity. If you have tried cycling around West Lake, there is another option to explore this beautiful lake, and that is kayaking or stand-up paddling.
Along Trich Sai street, you can find many places to rent SUP or kayak with the price from 150.000 - 200.000VND for half a day of sailing. However, it is recommended that you sail along the lake in the early morning or late afternoon when the sun is already down, or else it would be really hot and tiring to paddle for a long time.
- Hanoi Kayak Club: 267 Trich Sai
- Paddle Station: 53 Nguyen Dinh Thi/29 Nguyen Dinh Thi
- Opposite 51 Ve Ho
- Price: 150.000 VND/half-day (regular day), 200.000 VND/half-day (weekends)